Remember when Disney first announced their new streaming app called Disney Plus? It feels like so long ago, right? Almost like we’ve had Disney Plus all our lives. But that announcement only came about two years ago!
And this year, on Friday, November 12, The Walt Disney Company (and all Disney Fans alike) will get to celebrate the app’s second year anniversary together!
They’re calling it, “Disney Plus Day.”
According to a press release Disney sent out, “subscribers to Disney+ will be treated to new content releases across the service’s iconic brands, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star in international markets, along with a special presentation on Disney+ for fans with sneak peeks into what’s to come. Additionally, the service will continue to engage new audiences around the world, as Disney+ expands into new Asia-Pacific markets on November 12.”
Which I think is absolutely amazing! I mean, I don’t know about your family, but mine lives on Disney Plus! Especially a certain nine-year-old whose name I shall not mention, who takes it upon herself to wake up early and watch new movies without me, as if she pays this dang bill.
However, drama aside, here’s what’s coming to the Disney Plus app (and site) on Disney Plus Day!
Disney+ Day Content Premieres from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic
Disney+ Day will feature content premieres from all of the marquee brands on service, including:
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings”
- The beloved Disney family-friendly adventure film “Jungle Cruise,” available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie “Home Sweet Home Alone,” a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
- An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called “Olaf Presents,” which sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can
- The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan favorite shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios including “Frozen Fever,” Oscar®-winning shorts “Feast” and ”Paperman,” Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short, “Get A Horse!” and more
- An animated short film “Ciao Alberto” from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer’s animated hit breakout film “Luca”
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season 2 of “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
- “Dopesick,” an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
Subscribers will also be entertained with an inaugural Disney Plus Day fan celebration on Disney Plus, which will include breaking news, first looks, new trailers, exclusive clips, and appearances from Disney Plus creators and stars.
As for the global launches in South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong?
Disney Plus will make its debut in South Korea and Taiwan on November 12, and in Hong Kong on November 16, bringing Disney’s iconic characters and stories into the homes of new audiences around the globe.
Of course, Disney promises us that more content premieres, and news will be announced leading up to Disney Plus Day, so I can’t wait to see else we’re getting this year!
So if you haven’t already done so, go ahead and put November 12th in your calendar, because it’s sure to be a fun day for all!
This article was originally published on