We’re going to get on our soapbox for a hot minute and defend Millennials. What did this generation, sandwiched between Baby Boomers, Gen-X, and Gen-Z, ever do to deserve the ire it’s receiving? When Millennials complained about coming of age and entering a world that greeted them with the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, a housing market stacked against them, and the lifelong burden of crippling student debt, the Baby Boomers blamed a penchant for takeaway coffee and avocado toast. When Millennials walked around feeling themselves in their skinny jeans and side-parted hair, Gen-Z rolled their eyes and made up the term cheugy to describe the “basic” style. (The real salt on the wound is that Gen-Z didn’t bother coming up with a cooler, zingier term.) And somehow, Gen-X has silently flown under the radar in this generation war of words.
Millennials took the baton from previous generations and championed body positivity, inclusivity, representation, class equity, voting rights, and so much more. Yet they are now the butt of jokes about living at home longer and loving a well-crafted latte and smashed avocado on toast. First of all, avocado is freaking delicious, so that’s not even a diss. Second, no matter what Boomer financial advisors say, a love of $3 coffee is not why Millennials can’t afford homes. A broken, unfair, and nonsensical housing system is why.
So, what if you know all this and still want a really good Millennial joke to make your day? We have you covered. We rounded up the funniest, wittiest, and most cynical jokes about Millennials all Boomers, Millennials, and Gen-Z will love. Gen-X, come on in, you can laugh at these too.
- Why can’t Millennials take a joke?
Because the jokes always hit a little too close to their parent’s house.
- How do you weigh a Millennial?
- I am getting so sick of Millennials and their attitude.
Always walking around like they rent the place.
- Why do Millennials always type in lowercase?
because they reject capitalism.
- What did the Millennials say after they successfully started the campfire?
- People say Millennials are entitled…
But have you ever tried to tell an old lady her coupon has expired?
- Why don’t cannibals like to eat Millennials?
They’re too salty
- What do Millennials get for doing nothing?
- Why are Millennials so odd?
Because they can’t even.
- What do you call a bird that likes avocado toast?
The Millennial falcon.
- If I had a dollar for every time older people complained about Millennials…
…I could fix the economy they broke.
- Next time someone complains about Millennials
Remind them which generation linoleumed over all those beautiful hardwood floors.
- What’s the Millennial diet?
Air and student debt.
- “Before you say that you hate Millennials, consider this:
All living dogs and cats fall into the Millennial age group.” — ssj14goku.tumblr.com
- “If I had a dollar for every time a BabyBoomer complained about my generation, I’d have enough money to buy a house in the market they ruined.” — @talzir
- Boomer to a Millennial: “Nothing in life is free.”
Also boomer to a Millennial: “The job doesn’t pay money, but it pays you in experience.”
- “There should be a Millennial edition of Monopoly where you just walk around the board paying rent, never able to buy anything.” — Twitter: @mutablejoe
- “lol at baby boomers who say Millennials are all about ‘free stuff’ and ‘me me me’ while having a fleet of unpaid interns with college degrees doing the job they got paid a living wage to do with only a high school diploma thirty or forty years ago.” — @PubicZirconium
- “When I make my last student loan payment in 2083 it’s over for y’all.” — @omohimoria_
- “‘Millennials killed the department stores’ baby boomers killed the polar bears but right right my deepest apologies to jc penny.” — @jaboukie
- “Behind every broke Millennial is a Baby Boomer who makes 6 figures but can’t open a PDF.” — @Queennnn__
- “Maybe if Millennials spent less on brunch and more on practical physics they could travel to 1974 and afford a house. Just a thought.” — @i_zzzzzz
- “Let’s play a game of Millennial Monopoly. The rules are simple, you start with no money, you can’t afford anything, the board is on fire for some reason and everything is your fault.” — @TechnicallyRon
- Baby Boomers: started three wars and a worldwide recession.
Also Baby Boomers: Why are Millennials so cynical?
- Millennials: Student debt is crippling our generation.
Person who types with their index fingers and can’t rotate a PDF: I bought my house with three buttons and a carton of Camels in 1974.
- Why are some people in favor of global warming?
Because they want all the snowflakes to disappear forever.
- What do Millennials and Tarzan falling to his death have in common? They both have said, “I miss Vine.”
- To all the Millennials who feel stressed out sometimes, try not to worry.
Just think about the future, where things will be much worse.
- Maybe if Millennials spent less time at brunch and more time on particle physics research, they could travel to 1974 and afford a house.
Just a thought.
- Boomer: “Millennials want open office spaces.”
Millennials: “No, we want to be compensated for our labor.” Boomer: “No, you just want bean bag chairs!”
This article was originally published on