10 Reasons Not To Keep Your Baby’s Gender A Secret
One of the only things that I had to look forward to during both of my pregnancies was finding out the baby’s gender at the 20 week ultrasound. Seriously, it was all I lived for. To me, pregnancy was a long and often boring experience. I literally counted down the days until I could find out the gender, as it was one step closer to putting a face to the name of the passenger I was carrying in my belly.
I just like to know stuff. If you are someone on Team Green, who has the patience and fortitude to hold off to find out the gender of your baby until the epic moment of birth, more power to you. I can’t even pretend to understand your decision, but you have my respect.
Funnily enough, there are many parents who play coy about keeping the gender of their baby a secret. The good news is that while it is entirely your decision to find out the gender or not, and to tell family and friends or not, there is very little pressure on you.
No one cares about your baby’s gender as much as you do. If you want to keep it a secret, that’s just peachy. But there are 10 great reasons not to:
1. You are impatient.
2. Secrets don’t make friends.
3. SPOILER ALERT—it’s going to be a boy or a girl.
4. No one really cares that much, they’re just asking to be polite.
5. People will stop asking you the same question again and again because you will finally give them an ANSWER.
6. You can’t stand the thought of the technician knowing something you don’t at the 20 week ultrasound.
7. It will give you something to talk about at your baby shower.
8. A gender reveal is an easy way to get Facebook likes.
9. Everyone will find out eventually.
10. No one cares.
Related post: Everything You Really Need to Know About Pregnancy
This post first appeared on Mommyish. Read more here.
This article was originally published on