As nearly the entire world settled into a coronavirus quarantine, the 2010 Disney animated feature, Tangled, all of a sudden went viral on social media. Fans pointed out this modern retelling of the story of Princess Rapunzel and her yards and yards of golden hair was just a story of a girl quarantined in a tower for 16 years. And, holy shit, she lived in the fictional kingdom of Corona. What does it all mean?!?!?!??!
Um, legit nothing. Corona means “crown” and the story is at least 200 years old. But all this renewed attention did remind viewers of just how sweet, earnest, and funny Tangled really is. The story of a young woman coming into her own, venturing outside her childhood cocoon, and fighting for independence is inspiring. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s full of hilarious characters and lines on par with some of our favorite Disney quotes. So we’ve gone ahead and rounded up the most magical, sweet, and funny quotes to remind all of us that we can all make it out of the tower. All we need is a little strength. And maybe some epic hair conditioner.
1. “Let your power shine.” — Rapunzel
2. “I want to see the floating lights!” — Rapunzel
3. “I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you but may I just say…hi.” — Flynn Ryder
4. “This is just part of growing up, a little adventure, a little rebellion.” — Flynn Ryder
5. “I have magic hair that glows when I sing.” — Rapunzel
6. “Find your humanity! Haven’t any of you ever had a dream?”
7. “We‘re living happily ever after.” — Rapunzel
8. “Go live your dream.” — Hook Hand Thug
9. Rapunzel: I’ve been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it’s not everything I dreamed it would be? Flynn Rider: It will be. Rapunzel: And what if it is? What do I do then? Flynn Rider: Well, that’s the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream.
10. “Oh well. C‘est la vie.” — Mother Gothel
11. Mother Gothel: Look in that mirror. I see a strong, confident, beautiful young lady. [Rapunzel smiles]Mother Gothel: Oh look, you’re here too.
12. Rapunzel: “That’s the funny thing about birthdays, they’re kind of an annual thing.”
Mother Gothel: “No, no, no—can’t be. I distinctly remember, your birthday was last year.”
13. “And the thing is, I’m not scared anymore.” — Rupunzel
14. “You were right, mother. You were right about everything.” — Rupunzel
15. “No. You were wrong about the world, and you were wrong about me, and I will never let you use my hair again!” — Rapunzel
16. “No! I won’t stop. For every minute of the rest of my life I will fight. I will never stop trying to get away from you!” — Rupunzel
17. Flynn: “Alright, blondie.”
18. Mother Gothel: The world is dark, and selfish, and cruel. If it finds even the slightest ray of sunshine, it destroys it!
19. Flynn: “You were my new dream.”
Rapunzel: “And you were mine.”
20. Rapunzel: “Tomorrow night, the lights will appear
Just like they do on my birthday each year What is it like out there where they glow? Now that I’m older, mother might just let me go.”
21. Hook Hand Thug:
“I’m malicious, mean and scaryMy sneer could curdle dairyAnd violence-wise, my hands are not the cleanestBut despite my evil lookAnd my temper, and my hookI’ve always yearned to be a concert pianistCan’tcha see me on the stage performin’ Mozart?Tickling the ivories ’til they gleam?Yep, I’d rather be called deadlyFor my killer show-tune medleyThank you!‘Cause way down deep insideI’ve got a dream.”
“And at last I see the lightAnd it’s like the fog has liftedAnd at last I see the lightAnd it’s like the sky is newAnd it’s warm and real and brightAnd the world has somehow shiftedAll at once everything looks differentNow that I see you”23. Flynn: “Did I ever tell you I have a thing for brunettes?”
24. Hook Hand Thug: Go, live your dream. Flynn Rider: I will. Hook Hand Thug: (Referring to Rapunzel) Your dream stinks. I was talking to her. Hook Hand Thug: Your dream stinks. I was talking to her.
25. Short Thug: [Looks at Gothel] Whoa! Somebody get me a glass! ‘Cuz I just found me a tall drink of water.26. “I knew they weren’t stars!” — Rapunzel27. “And the thing is, I’m not scared anymore.”— Rapunzel28. “Eugene!”— Rapunzel
29. “Flower, gleam and glow Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse Bring back what once was mine Heal what has been hurt Change the Fates’ design Save what has been lost Bring back what once was mine What once was mine” — Rapunzel 30. “This is why you never should have left Dear, this whole romance that you’ve invented Just proves you’re too naive to be here Why would he like you? Come on now, really! Look at you, you think that he’s impressed? Don’t be a dummy Come with mummy” — Mother Gothel
This article was originally published on