When someone goes out of their way to show you kindness, you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. That act of kindness might be in the form of a generous gift to you or your family, help when you’re going through a tough time, or an uplifting word when you’re down. That warm and fuzzy feeling — gratitude — is good for the soul. Even better? Expressing your gratitude in the form of a handwritten letter. If you’d like to show your appreciation, but don’t have the words, we’re here to help. Below, we’re sharing sample thank you card messages for every occasion.
Whatever the event — new baby, wedding, birthday, housewarming — we’ve got some #inspo to get you going. We’ll be your go-to resource the next time you decide to write a thank you note to express your gratitude to a friend or family member.
Let’s get started.
How to Write a Thank You Card
We’re going to begin with a quick primer on how to write a thank you card. A thank you card can be a full-page letter or it can be as short as a sentence or two. It’s important to note that a thank you card doesn’t have to be an actual card. A thank you card can be as simple as a text, email, or even a phone call where you express your gratitude verbally. Though we’re sharing plenty of example thank you card messages, the intent behind the message matters most. So, whatever you do, speak from the heart.
Thank You Card Messages for Birthday Wishes
- “I really appreciate the birthday card. It was just what I needed to brighten my day!”
- “The birthday bouquet you sent was beautiful! Thank you so much!”
- “Thanks for big smiles on my birthday!”
- “Your gesture made my day. Thanks so much!”
- “I appreciate you taking me out for a special birthday lunch. It was delicious!”
- “My birthday was made special thanks to your kind wishes.”
Thank You Card Messages for Wedding Gifts
- “Your thoughtful gift made our big day even more special. Thank you so much!”
- “Thanks so much for helping us celebrate our special day. We appreciate you more than we can possibly say!”
- “We can’t express how much your thoughtful gift meant to us on our special day.”
- “We are so touched by your generous gift.”
- “Your contribution to our wedding day won’t be forgotten. Thank you so much.”
- “As we celebrate our special day, we want to thank you for such a kind and thoughtful gift.”
Thank You Card Messages for New Baby Gifts
- “We’re all smiles after seeing the package you sent for our newest addition! Thanks!”
- “The gift you had delivered for our little one is beyond adorable! Thank you so much!”
- “Such a thoughtful gesture from a kind friend. You are appreciated!”
- “Thank you so much for helping us welcome our new baby in such a special way!”
- “We’re so humbled by your generous gift for our new baby. Thank you!”
- “Thanks for welcoming our new baby into the world with such a kind and thoughtful gift.”
- “Our new baby is so loved. Thank you for being a part of our child’s special day.”
Thank You Card Messages for Teacher
- “Our child has hit so many milestones this year. Thank you so much for your love and dedication.”
- “Your hard work and heart for our kids have not gone unnoticed. You are one of a kind!”
- “You are our hero. We can’t tell you how much we appreciate all you’ve done for our child this year.”
- “You’ve made this our best school year yet! Thank you!”
- “Thank you for making school fun again!”
- “Words can’t express how grateful we are that you’re our child’s teacher.”
- “To the Best Teacher Ever! Thank you for making a difference! You are appreciated!”
- “Thank you for being such a one-of-a-kind teacher!!!”
- “You’re appreciated more than “Thank You” can ever express, but it’s a start!”
- “There is one teacher who stays in our minds forever. Thank you for being that teacher!”
- “Your love of learning has drawn our child into a whole new universe of exploring ideas! Thank you.”
- “A teacher is a person who surrounds her students with inspiration to learn again every day. Thank you _____!”
Funny Ways to Say Thank You
- Many thanks to everyone who helped me on this life-changing journey! The rest of you are dead to me.
- Thank you berry berry much!
- Thanks pho everything.
- I would love to say thank you in several languages to you, but English is the best I can do.
- Don’t think you’re the only one who knows how to generously give. (But you’re the best at it.)
- I would say you’re the greatest, but you already think I’m the greatest. Thanks!
- If you could read my mind, then you’d know how grateful I am for you at this very moment. Creep.
- Thanks for nothing and everything.
- This isn’t a thank-you card; it’s a hug with a fold in it.
- If I had a cent for every time I appreciate you, I’d be a millionaire.
This article was originally published on