It goes without saying that humans are fascinated by tigers. You needn’t look beyond Tony the Tiger, Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes, Tigger from Winnie The Pooh, and Rajah from Disney’s Aladdin, just some of the most famous tigers in pop culture, as proof. From Tony’s infectious energy (probably from all that frosting on those flakes!) to Tigger’s adorable love of whimsey and friends, tigers have been personified as fierce but beloved animals. Much of that is because even as children we are captivated by their natural beauty and strength. Like lions and cheetahs, these ferocious felines sit on top of the food chain, but unlike them, they don’t form complex social and familial structures. They’re also the largest cat species in the world, so there’s that fun fact for your kiddo.
If you have a future zoologist on your hands who loves all things tigers, we went ahead and rounded up the absolute best tiger jokes and puns to bring the laughs. And in the words for the adorable Tigger, “Consider yourself pounced!”
- What’s a tiger running a copy machine called?
- Why did the tiger lose at poker?
Because he was playing with a cheetah.
- What’s striped and bouncy?
A tiger on a pogo stick!
- Where does a tiger sleep?
Anywhere she wants to.
- What is the fiercest flower in the garden?
A tiger lily.
- What flies around your light at night and can bite your head off?
A tiger moth.
- Why did Tigger look in the toilet?
He was looking for pooh.
- What do tigers sing at Christmas?
Jungle bells! Jungle bells!
- How are tigers are like sergeants in the army?
They both wear stripes.
- What do you call a tiger that likes to dig in the sand?
- How do tigers describe themselves?
- What do you get when you cross a tiger and a snowman?
- Why can’t a tiger become a herbivore?
A tiger can’t change his stripes.
- On which side does a tiger have the most stripes?
- What animal can go into a tiger’s den and came out alive?
- What do you get if you cross a tiger and a sheep?
A stripey sweater.
- What’s striped and goes round and round?
A tiger in a revolving door.
- What’s the silliest name you can give a tiger?
- Why do tigers have stripes?
They don’t want to be spotted.
- What’s the difference between a lion and a tiger?
A tiger always tells the truth, the other one is always lion.
- If a four-legged animal a quadruped and a two-legged animal is a biped, what’s a tiger?
- What happened when the tiger ate the comedian?
He felt funny in his tummy!
- What does the tiger say to his friends before they go out hunting for food?
‘Let us prey.’
- On which day do tigers eat people?
- Why don’t tigers like fast food?
Because they can’t catch it.
- How do you take a tiger’s temperature?
- Why do tigers always eat raw meat?
Because they don’t know how to cook.
- Why did a fight between a tiger and lion break out?
Both of them wanted to become the next empe-roar of the jungle.
- What did the zoologist and the herbalist name their child?
- What will you get if you cross an ice bear and a running tiger?
- Why are Siberian tigers so happy at Christmas time?
Because it is snowy, and they get to look like white tigers.
- Where do teenage tigers hang out after school?
A shopping maul.
- What should you do if you’re stuck between a jaguar and a tiger? Get in the Jaguar and drive away from the tiger.
This article was originally published on