Sometimes, you just need a little something to brighten your day. Maybe it’s a positive affirmation. Or perhaps you rely on a kind word from a friend to get you out of a slump. And both of those are fantastic mood-boosters! But when you need another dependable way to light your perspective, we suggest electricity jokes and puns. Shocking, we know, but electricity humor is a real thing — a real funny thing.
Whether you’re an electrician, know an electrician, or simply need a good laugh, you’ll enjoy this collection of zingers. Bonus? Electricity jokes and puns never get old. You might say they’re always current (ba-dum-tish, we’re here all week). And if you’re looking for even more shockingly hilarious comedic fodder, follow these up with our nature jokes, science jokes, and what’s the difference between jokes.
Funniest Electricity Jokes and Puns
- What is an energy provider’s favorite dance?
The Electric Slide.
- What kind of car does an electrician drive?
- What do you call London without electricity?
- What is a plug’s favorite chant at a sporting event?
- What was the light bulb’s occupation?
He was a conductor.
- What did Johnny’s mother do when she caught him zapping the other children with static electricity?
She grounded him.
- How many consultants do you need to change a lightbulb?
You’ll get an estimate a week from Monday.
- Judge: “So, Mr. Robot, your neighbor accused you of stealing their electricity to power yourself. How do you plead?”
Robot: “Guilty as charged.”
- What football team do energy providers root for the most?
- What is an outlet’s favorite song?
“I’ve Got the Power.”
- What penalty in hockey uses the most amount of energy?
A power play.
- How many students does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. They use CFLs!
- What did the energy company’s CEO credit her success to?
A series of strategic power moves.
- Why did the bulb pack an apple in his bag?
He wanted to have a light snack.
- Why did the man eat the lightbulb?
He was hoping it would give him a bright idea.
- Did you hear what the foolish gardener did?
The guy planted a light bulb and thought he’d get a power plant.
- What’s the best tool to install an electrical plug with?
A socket wrench.
- What do electricians chant when they meditate?
- What did the lightbulb say to the generator?
“I really get a charge out of you.”
- What do you call a lightbulb at midnight?
A night light.
- Why did the electrical cords break up?
There was no spark between them.
- Why did the electricity documentary get such mixed reviews?
People weren’t sure how to feel after its shocking ending.
- What is a Jedi electrician’s favorite tool?
- How many museum curators does it take to change a light bulb?
Six. One changes it and the other five preserve, display, and celebrate the model.
- What do power strips always say at their high school reunions?
“I haven’t seen you in years.”
- At what point will you love to change your light bulbs the most?
When sparks fly.
- Why did the light bulb fail his math quiz?
He wasn’t too bright.
- How many software engineers do you need to change a lightbulb?
None — that’s a hardware problem.
- What instrument never fails to energize a crowd?
An electric guitar.
- What is a light bulb’s favorite kind of news?
- How did the electrician pay for his new phone?
He charged it.
- How did Benjamin Franklin feel after discovering electricity?
- How do narcissists save money on their electricity bills?
They use gaslighting.
- What do you call a bad electrician?
A shock absorber.
- How did the charger get rich?
She made a killing in the shock market.
- What did the baby lightbulb say to the mommy lightbulb?
“I love you watts!”
- Why did the monk meditate with a light bulb?
He hoped it would help him reach enlightenment.
- Why did Mr. Ohm marry Mrs. Ohm?
He couldn’t resistor!
- Why did the lights go out?
Because they liked each other!
- Where do lightbulbs go shopping?
The outlet mall.
- Why did the robot go on summer vacation?
He needed to recharge his batteries.
- What’s an electrician’s favorite ice cream flavor?
- I finally managed to get rid of that nasty electrical charge I’ve been carrying…
- What happens if you plant a lightbulb in your garden?
It grows into a power plant.
- What did the electrician say when someone asked her how it feels to stick your finger in an electrical outlet?
“To be honest, it Hertz.”
- Why did the electrical outlet get arrested?
He had a looming charge.
- Why do fluorescent lights hum?
Because they can’t remember the words.
- A pair of father and son electrical outlets were walking down the street when the son brushed against someone and zinged them with a jolt of static electricity. Looking prouder than ever, the daddy outlet said, “That’s my boy — a chip off the old shock!”
- Where do electricians go to get their supplies?
The Ohm Depot.
- Hagrid: “Yer a unit of electrical energy, Harry.”
Harry Potter: “I’m a watt?”
- I caught my friend beating up a plug.
I told him it was an abuse of power.
- How did the boy describe the book about electricity?
A work of friction.
This article was originally published on