Flippin’ Snapple. From straight-up tea with lemon to grapeade and strawberry kiwi, Snapple flavors are almost endless. The only thing more endless than their flavors is the variety of facts you find when you pop the top on one of those cold glass bottles. Just a quick scan of the Snapple Facts website is like a feast for the eyes — more than 1,500 cool and interesting facts. But, nobody’s got time to sift through 1,504 facts, amirite? We did, though. We sifted through all of them and gathered up more than 100 of the absolute best bottle cap facts we could find. Each of these facts are lifted straight from a Snapple bottle cap and picked especially for your entertainment. Whatever will you do with all this useless information?
Here. Have Some Snapple Facts
1. Heavier, not bigger, lemons produce more juice.
2. Mangoes can get sunburns.
3. Before mercury, brandy was used in thermometers.
4. Dolphins are unable to smell.
5. Humans are 1-2 centimeters taller in the morning than at night.
6. No only-child has ever been U.S. President.
7. The longest attack of hiccups ever lasted 68 years.
8. Camels have three eyelids.
9. A camel’s milk doesn’t curdle.
10. The first human-made object to break the sound barrier was a whip.
11. Animals that lay eggs don’t have belly buttons.
12. Vermont is the only New England state without a sea coast.
13. The most sensitive parts of your body are the mouth and fingertips.
14. Napoleon suffered from a fear of cats.
15. 40% of twins invent their own language.
16. It takes 200 muscles to take a step.
17. No two lip impressions are the same.
18. Newborn babies cannot cry for at least the first three weeks.
19. The first bike was called a hobbyhorse.
20. Beavers can hold their breaths for 45 minutes.
Oh, So You Want More Snapple Facts? We Gotchu
21. Ketchup was once sold as medicine.
22. Squirrels lose more than half the nuts they hide.
23. A day on Venus lasts longer than a year on Venus.
24. The most used letters in the alphabet are E, T, A, I, O, N.
25. A ten gallon hat holds less than one gallon of liquid.
26. Horses can’t vomit.
27. You can’t hum while plugging your nose.
28. The average speed of a housefly is 4.5 mph.
29. In the Middle Ages, chicken soup was considered an aphrodisiac.
30. A honeybee can fly roughly 15 mph.
31. The first VCR was made in 1956 and was the size of a piano.
32. In Texas, it is illegal to graffiti someone’s cow.
33. Leonardo Di Vinci could draw with one hand while writing with the other.
34. In 1634, tulip bulbs were used as a form of currency in Holland.
35. Bees have five eyelids.
36. The side of a hammer is called a cheek.
37. A queen bee can lay between 800-1500 eggs per day.
38. Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
39. Elephants are afraid of bees.
40. You don’t have to be a lawyer to be a Supreme Court Justice.
Even More Facts
41. Slugs have four noses.
42. One lump of sugar is the equivalent of three feet of sugar cane.
43. Flamingos can only eat with their heads upside down.
44. Jupiter spins so fast that there is a sunrise nearly every 10 hours.
45. The world’s biggest pyramid is not in Egypt but in Mexico.
46. Vanilla is used to make chocolate.
47. Frogs never drink.
48. Broccoli is the only vegetable that is also a flower.
49. Peaches are members of the almond family.
50. Thailand means “Land of the free.”
51. Smelling apples or bananas can help you lose weight.
52. A cucumber consists of 96% water.
53. Your skull is made up of 29 different bones.
54. Porcupines float in water.
55. 11 of the 50 U.S. states are named after an actual person.
56. The only one-syllable U.S. state is Maine.
57. 10 Million bricks were used to build the Empire State Building.
58. A jellyfish is made up of approximately 95% water.
59. Women’s hearts typically beat faster than men’s hearts.
60. John Adams had a horse named Cleopatra.
61. An egg that is fresh will sink in water, but a stale one won’t.
62. The male kangaroo is called a boomer.
63. John Quincy Adams’ wife raised silkworms.
64. Mosquitos are more attracted to people who just ate bananas.
65. Steel is 100% recyclable.
66. Only male turkeys gobble.
67. Hens do not need a rooster to lay eggs.
68. Emus and kangaroos can’t walk backwards.
69. The Hawaiian alphabet has only 12 letters.
70. Every ton of recycled paper saves about 17 trees.
71. Cats have more than 100 vocal chords.
72. A duck can’t walk without bobbing its head.
73. A kangaroo can jump 30 feet.
74. “O” is the oldest letter of the alphabet.
75. When you add up the opposing side of a dice, you always get seven.
76. Alaska has the highest average of people who walk to work.
77. Twins have a very high occurrence of left-handedness.
78. On average, a human will spend two weeks kissing during their lifetime.
79. Children tend to grow faster in the spring.
80. There are over 2,000 species of cactuses.
81. A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
82. The average koala sleeps 22 hours each day.
83. Beavers were once the size of bears.
84. Over one million Earths would fit inside the sun.
85. A spider’s silk is stronger than steel.
More Snapple Facts, Comin’ Right Up
86. Antarctica is the only continent without reptiles or snakes.
87. Fish can drown.
88. Worrying squirrels is illegal in Missouri.
89. Alaskan salmon are capable of leaping 15 feet high.
90. The first sport to be filmed was boxing.
91. The first music video on MTV was “Video Killed The Radio Star” by The Buggles.
92. The dots on a domino are called pips.
93. The human brain makes up 2% of the human body weight but uses 20% of its energy.
94. The San Francisco street cars are the only mobile national monument.
95. Fish have eyelids.
96. Potatoes have more chromosomes than humans.
97. There is a museum of strawberries in Belgium.
98. Karate originated in India.
99. Strawberries have an average of 200 seeds.
100. Tennessee once banned the use of lasso to catch fish.
101. Plants, like humans, can run a fever when they are sick.
102. Poison Ivy is not ivy and Poison Oak is not an Oak. They’re both part of the cashew family.
103. The first penny had the motto “Mind your own business.”
104. Most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a blue whale.
105. A group of goats is called a trip.
This Is It. The Very Last Batch Of Facts
106. A one-minute kiss burns 26 calories.
107. A ball of glass will bounce higher than a ball of rubber.
108. A group of 12 or more cows is called a flink.
109. The first TV show to ever be put into reruns was “The Lone Ranger.”
110. An alligator can go through 3,000 teeth in a lifetime.
111. Lizards communicate by doing push-ups.
112. Galapagos turtles can take up to three weeks to digest a meal.
113. A rhinoceros horn is made up of compacted hair.
114. Panama is the only place in the world where you can see the sun rise on the Pacific and set on the Atlantic.
115. There are more chickens than people in the world.
116. Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
117. The speed limit in NYC was 8 mph in 1894.
118. Mangoes have noses.
119. The colors red, orange and yellow can make you hungry.
120. Polar bears can smell a seal from 20 miles away.
121. Meanwhile, dim lights reduce your appetite.
122. The only lizard that has a voice is the gecko.
123. Africa is divided into more countries than any other continent.