40+ Work From Home Memes And Jokes To Spice Up That Slack Group Chat
If you’re lucky, a global pandemic has meant you shifted to working from home quite literally overnight back in March 2020 and for all intents and purposes have had a seamless transition. While lauded essential workers and first responders have continued to go into work throughout quarantine, most of us are still in our comfiest loungewear and leggings, sitting braless at the dining room table, logging in to yet another video work call nearly two years after the outbreak. Nobody was prepared for entire industries to shift to remote work, but we have learned a thing or two from the experience. First, employees are just as, if not more, productive from home as they are at the office — especially now that remote learning is waning and kids are back in school. Second, our hunch was right: There were way too many meetings that could have just been emails or Slack chats. (Just think of how many useless meetings Michael Scott called on The Office!) And finally, humor can get us through difficult times, and true friendships — even if it’s just with a work bae — can thrive over chat and group texts! If sending work-from-home memes and jokes is your love language, you’ve come to the right place.
But before we get into the humor bit, here are some important work from home statistics from the Becker Friedman Institute for Economics at the University of Chicago you can also share with friends:
- 10,000 employees surveyed said they thought they were just as productive working from home compared to working in the office. Thirty percent said they were more productive.
- The survey team calculated commuting time was reduced by 62.4 million hours per day with an accumulated time savings of over nine billion hours between the middle of March 2020 and the middle of September 2020.
Another work from home survey by Owl labs found:
- Remote employees save an average of 40 minutes daily from commuting.
- During COVID-19, nearly 70 percent of full-time workers are working from home.
- 23 percent of workers surveyed said they would take a 10 percent pay cut to work from home for good.
- People are saving an average of nearly $6000 per year by working from home.
Alright, back to the fun! We rounded up the best and most on-the-nose work-from-home memes and jokes to get you through that 3 pm Zoom call and have you laughing all the way to your weekend. Share them in the Slack group chat and make it rain memes.
Work From Home Memes
Timing is everything
It’s not all fun and games
Problem solving is key
Get to know your coworkers
Ha, ha, ha, ha, *sob*
Only 65 hours until the weekend
Kris gets it
Putting in the effort
Slack must be broken
Keeping it together
The adjustment period
Le struggle to negotiate work from home days
Work From Home Jokes
- Started working from home recently building boats in my attic.
Sails are through the roof.
- Working from home is not so bad. I’m starting to get the hang of it. I can work in my pajamas, have a glass of wine with my lunch, and have my lunch at 9 am.
- Just seen a burglar kicking his own door in.
He must have been working from home
- When I’m working from home, I sometimes put a blanket over me.
You could say, I work undercover.
- If you get an email starting with Knock Knock don’t open it.
It’s a door-to-door salesman working from home.
- There are three kinds of jobs; those you shower before, those you shower after…
And working from home.
- Welcome to working from home. The place where the hours you actually work are made up and your pants are optional.
- Home is where the Wi-Fi connects automatically.
- Work is really interfering with my enjoyment of working from home.
- Working from home is putting bra retailers out of business.
- Working from home means finding out which meetings could’ve been emails after all.
- If you’re working from home on a laptop, make sure you wear gloves and a face mask.
You don’t want to catch one of those computer viruses.
- Our housekeeper told us she was going to start working from home.
She sent us a list of things to do.
- Working from home day six:
Client: “No! This is unacceptable. I want to speak to one of your superiors.” Me: “Moooom!”
- My job allows working from home, but I still go to the office.
I like the idea of surrounding myself with some company.
- Working from home in this weather makes me want to leak classified information…
‘Cause I’m snowed in.
- When I’m working from home, I put a blanket over me.
You could say I work undercover.
- Boss: “How can we keep the office clean?”
Me: “By staying at home.”
- Working from home is no different than going to the office. Get up on time, hop on your laptop, close the door, and work until official work hours end. The hilarious part is that when their workday is over, they say, “Let’s go home.”
Then they realize they’re already home.
- What’s the thing that remote workers hate the most?
- Working from home means having three separate degrees of makeup routines, known as: In-Person Meeting Face, Skype Face, Daycare Pick-up Face, and Never-Seeing-the-Light-of-Day Face.
- Working from home means it takes you three hours of staring at your computer before you work up the desire to put on deodorant.
- Getting dressed for work is so stressful.
Should I wear yoga pants or sweatpants?
- My wife and I are working from home, and she microwaved fish.
Time to alert HR.
- Before “working from home” became a thing, I had no idea how great it would feel to walk around naked and fart all day while working!
- Our maid told us she was going to start working from home.
Then she sent us a list of things to do.
- The Stages of Working From Home:
1) Yay, I get to work from home. 2) It would be nice to talk to people. 3) I hope that pigeon sits in the window today.
This article was originally published on