60 Clever Chemistry Puns And One-Liners You'll Want To Use Periodically
Puns are a very underrated form of humor — especially when they’re related to science. Whether you loved chemistry in school, or work in the field as an adult, you’ll appreciate these funny plays on words. And if you’re a kid, you’re going to lava these quips. Here are 25 chemistry puns, smart jokes, one-liners, and even hard riddles to lighten the mood in the lab.
- I use chemistry puns, but only periodically.
- Don’t trust atoms, they make up everything.
- Did you know that you can cool yourself to -273.15˚C and still be 0k?
- How about the chemical workers… are they unionized?
- Gold is the best element because it’s AU-some.
- Salt made a pun joke and it was Sodium funny.
- Keep your ion the prize.
- I think that angry flask completely overreacted.
- Lose an electron? Gotta keep an ion it.
- If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the precipitate.
- You’re too angry — you need to molecule off.
- I can’t remember that element, but it’s on the tip of my tungsten.
- The proton is not speaking to the other proton, he’s mad atom.
- Chemists are so happy in the lab because they’re in their element.
- Make like a proton and stay positive.
- It’s morning time, up and atom!
- Do you have 11 protons? Because you’re sodium cute.
- That’ll be $5 for the electrons, but the neutrons are free of charge.
- You can take all your bad chemistry puns and barium.
- May the [mass times acceleration] be with you.
- You think you’re a 10? On the pH scale, maybe — because you’re basic.
- When people campaigned for Reagan, they wanted others to electron.
- I wanted to post a chemistry pun, but I couldn’t zinc of anything.
- Chill, bro. It’s called ChemisTRY, not ChemiSUCEED.
- I’d tell you a chemistry joke, but all the good ones argon.
- When I’m making chemistry, I’m in my element.
- That was sodium funny I slapped my neon.
- I have so many chemistry jokes, but I’m afraid I won’t get a good reaction.
- What is the most important rule in chemistry? Don’t lick the spoon.
- Silver walks up to gold in a bar and says, “AU, get outta here.”
- What is the chemical formula for coffee? CoFe2.
- What is the chemical formula for banana? BaNa2
- Anyone know any jokes about salt? Na.
- A barometer walks into a bar and says to the bartender, “I need a drink, I’m under a lot of pressure.”
- You’re too angry, go molecule off.
- Good morning! Time to work! Up and atom.
- What is the formula for a cat in chemistry? An ion with a paw-sitive charge.
- I make bad chemistry puns. Periodically.
- I Sulfur when you Argon.
- When chemists die they Barium.
- “What do you do with a dead chemist?” [Ba]
- I once tried to tell a chemistry joke, but there was no reaction.
- Argon walks into a bar. The bartender says “We don’t serve your kind around here.” Argon doesn’t react.
- Did you hear Oxygen and Magnesium are dating? OMg
- Do I know any jokes about Sodium? Na
- Jokes about Heavy elements? All I could think of was U
- Organic Chemistry is difficult. Everyone who studies is has Alkynes of trouble.
- Do you have any sodium hypobomite? NaBrO
- Why is the world so diverse? It’s made up of alkynes of people!
- How can you tell when an Organometallic is drunk? It’s epoxicated.
- Chemistry is killing me. Anytime I do a Diels-Alder reaction, I think I’m diene!
- Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium the medical elements? Because if you can’t helium or curium, you barium!
- Did you hear about the dinosaurs? They Ar-gon
- The tepid flask has been under reacting lately.
- What is the most important rule in chemistry? Don’t befriend the lab mice.
- H2O is water and H2O2 is hydrogen peroxide. What is H2O4?
- Did you know that oxygen went for a second date with potassium?
How did it go? It went OK2!
- Why do chemists like nitrates so much?
They’re cheaper than day rates.
- What is the show cesium and iodine love watching together?
- What is the chemical formula for “coffee”?
This article was originally published on