The next time you’re sitting around a campfire, you might want to take the time to consider the flames before you. Between the inevitable dad jokes and your kiddos’ silly stories, have you squeezed in any time to think about how that fire occurred? There are no (more) dragons doing the fire-starting work for us. Instead, we rely on science to create the event. And, yes, fire is an event and not a thing. That’s because fire is something that happens or is an outcome of wood, paper, or other resources (the “thing”) becoming hot and releasing vapors. Those vapors become exposed to oxygen, which creates the event of a fire. Pretty incredible, right? Fire certainly qualifies as awe-inspiring. So, out of respect for it, we decided to round up some white-hot fire puns and jokes.
But before we get into those, let’s revisit the idea of how fire occurs. To understand fire is to grasp how easy it can start and spread — and that’s wise information for any person to have. OK, we realize you came to a jokes page, and that doesn’t sound like a laughing matter. But having a healthy respect for fire is part of appreciating it. Plus, it’s worth noting that not all fires are bad. Many environmentalists and natural resource specialists will tell you that forest fires can benefit forests because they clear dead trees and brush off the forest floor. This allows water, air, and sunlight to reach the soil. That, in turn, helps the forest grow new life and replenish itself.
Basically, fire is awesome. And, as the following fire puns and jokes prove, it can even be funny.
Best Fire Puns
- I have a burning question.
- I’m stoked.
- Fire away!
- You set my heart on fire.
- Your love gives me heartburn.
- Hey, hot stuff!
- You’re my perfect match.
- I lava you.
- WTF? Where’s the fire?
- You’re a hunk’a burnin’ love.
- Nothing can extinguish my love for you.
- It’s lit.
Best Fire Jokes
- What did the flame say to his buddies after he fell in love?
“I found the perfect match!”
- What happens when wildfire tells you a joke?
You get burned!
- There was a fire in a yodeling school.
Everyone was to exit in an orderly orderly orderly fashion.
- What is fire to a pyrotechnic?
Just a warm-up.
- How can flames afford to be so bright?
- What do you call a woman who puts her credit card statements straight in the fire?
- I bought a friend a fire extinguisher.
He was de-lighted.
- How quickly can a wildfire start?
- I searched online for something to light a fire.
It said, “No matches found.”
- What do you call a jacket that goes up in flames?
- Did you hear about the fire in the shoe factory?
Many soles were lost.
- Why do ducks have flat feet?
To stomp out forest fires.
Why do elephants have flat feet?
To stomp out flaming ducks!
- Did you hear about the fire at the circus?
It was intents.
- What did the firefighter say when she saw the church razing down?
- On the inside of a fire hydrant, you’ll find H2O. What’s on the outside?
- A guy with flame tattoo sleeves walks into a building.
Security stops him and says, “There are no firearms allowed in this building.”
- I just got a job at a factory that makes fire hydrants.
They would not let me park my car there.
- My grandfather always said, “Fight fire with fire.”
He was a great man, but a terrible firefighter.
- Someone threw my ’70s records on the fire.
It was a disco inferno.
- What does a burning ember like to sing?
“Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!”
- What did the grill say to the sexy chef?
“C’mon, baby. Light my fire.”
- Why did the match’s house party end in flames?
It was lit.
- What do you call a ghoul who sits too close to the fire?
A toasty ghosty.
- What does a bee do during a wildfire?
He takes off his yellow jacket!
- What did the fire say was his New Year’s resolution?
“This year, I’m going to new Fahrenheits.”
- What did the collie say to the fire hydrant when he fell in love?
- Why did the comedian burst into flames?
He was on fire!
- Each week, Billy sets fires around the neighborhood.
Mom: “My son is a fire starting monster!”
Dad: “Honey, it’s OK. He’s arson.”