Gordon Ramsay is, without a doubt, a household name at this point. Until a few years ago, he was known as one of the rudest, most angry chefs on the planet thanks to shows like Hell’s Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares. Of course, then he starred on MasterChef Jr., where fans and followers were gifted a whole new look at the hot-headed English chef. All of a sudden fans saw him as a doting dad and, honestly, it was pretty sweet. We’ll always still have a place in our hearts for the fiery version of Ramsay, though. His time on Hell’s Kitchen gave us some pretty sweet burns, GIFs, and timeless Gordon Ramsay memes that are sure to keep his legacy alive.
His biting insults are often wild and quite unique — basically the angry version of a Leslie Knope compliment. As a matter of fact, his wit, snark, and fearsome wordplay have even managed to fuel entirely made-up insults that people now attribute to Ramsay (same goes for weird and angry Elmo quotes, but that’s a whole other corner of the internet we’re not going to get into). And thanks to Ramsay, there’s a weird and wild comeback for literally any scenario that could possibly anger us.
We scoured Instagram to collect our favorite Ramsay memes, blistering quotes, and insults to make your day just a little bit brighter.
Iconic Gordon Ramsay Quotes
- “This lamb is so undercooked, it’s following Mary to school!”
- “I’ve never, ever, ever, ever, ever met someone I believe in as little as you.”
- “The problem with Yanks is they are wimps.”
- “This crab is so undercooked I can still hear it singing ‘Under the Sea.’”
- “I wouldn’t trust you running a bath let alone a restaurant.”
- “You added so much salt and pepper I can hear the dish singing ‘Push It.’”
- “This is a really tough decision… ’cause you’re both crap.”
- “There’s enough garlic in here to kill every vampire in Europe.”
- “My gran could do better! And she’s dead!”
- “This pizza is so disgusting, if you take it to Italy you’ll get arrested.”
- “I train my chefs completely different to anyone else. My young girls and guys, when they come to the kitchen, the first thing they get is a blindfold. They get blindfolded and they get sat down at the chef’s table… Unless they can identify what they’re tasting, they don’t get to cook it.”
- “Cooking today is a young man’s game, I don’t give a bollocks what anyone says.”
- “You don’t come into cooking to get rich.”
- “The minute you start compromising for the sake of massaging somebody’s ego, that’s it, game over.”
- “Chefs are nutters. They’re all self-obsessed, delicate, dainty, insecure little souls, and absolute psychopaths. Every last one of them.”
- “I don’t like looking back. I’m always constantly looking forward. I’m not the one to sort of sit and cry over spilt milk. I’m too busy looking for the next cow.”
- “Swearing is industry language. For as long as we’re alive, it’s not going to change. You’ve got to be boisterous to get results.”
- “I am what I am. A fighter.”
- “I swim like a fish, and I have an amazing kick.”
- “I’m Gordon Ramsay, for goodness sake; people know I’m volatile.”
- “You guys cook like grandpas fuck. “
- “You do seriously surprise me… you surprise me how shitty you are.”
- “You deserve a kick in the nuts.”
- “You give me them anemic bits of shit, I’ll fucking throw them up your ass sideways.”
- “Now fuck you, you fat useless sack of fucking Yankee doodle dandy shite. Fuck off will ya.”
- “If I tell you to get out there I don’t give a fuck if you’ve got a thong up your crack.”
- “You’re not a quitter? You’re not a fucking cook either.”
- “I’ll get you more pumpkin, I’ll ram it right up your ass.”
- “I wouldn’t trust you running a bath.”
- “This pork is so raw, I’m still singing ‘Hakuna Matata.'”
- “You used so much thyme, Dr. Who arrived in the Tardis to save us all.”
- “This salad is so fresh it had to live with its aunty and uncle in Bel Air.”
Inspirational Gordon Ramsay Quotes
Although Ramsay is more known for his creative and original insults, he has also said some wise words young cooks and anyone in need of motivation can use to improve themselves.
- “Stop taking things personally.”
- “I’d like to think I’m a great teacher.”
- “I act on impulse and I go with my instincts.”
- “Swearing is industry language. For as long as we’re alive it’s not going to change. You’ve got to be boisterous to get results.”
- “I think pressure’s healthy, and very few can handle it.”
- “Initially, let your food do the talking. You’ll be surprised how far you go in a short period of time.”
- “Cooking is about passion, so it may look slightly temperamental in a way that it’s too assertive to the naked eye.”
- “Two key ingredients in any successful chef: a quick learner and someone with a sharp brain.”
- “If I can give you one strong piece of advice when you go away for that romantic weekend, whatever you do, do not accept or take the upgrade to the honeymoon suite.”
The Best Gordon Ramsay Memes
1. “Panini Head” for the win
Please note, we have no idea what the rest of this meme says. We’re just here for that classic insult.
2. Thanks for the pep talk, Gordon!
This is our absolute favorite Gordon Ramsay meme. The quote is definitely real and the meme is fantastically witty and relatable.
3. Listen: Gordon hates too much oil
We love him for that. We also admire his political hot take.
4. Finding Nemo… in the kitchen
Is this real? Does it matter? It’s perfection, either way.
5. Ramsay is clearly a Potterhead
Ronald Weasley! You’ve used too much ginger, again!
6. There’s even a reaction for all of life’s terrible moments
7. And one for all our excitable pups
For real, though, Spot. How are you so excited for the same kibble every dang day?
8. We can’t help but wonder if this is a great idea
Or a terrible one. We’re still into it (and the accent).
9. He knows why the chicken crossed the road
A new ending to the classic joke…
10. Did he say this? Probably not.
Is it still hysterical? Absolutely.
11. Guys, he takes knife skills very seriously
(Like most chefs, actually.)
12. And break room etiquette
We’re looking at you, Susan. Who TF microwaves tuna fish?
13. Finally, make your own Gordon Ramsay insult using this handy-dandy guide.
If you’re wondering, ours is, “Wake up! You useless donkey!” And, honestly, we’re not even really offended. Gordon Ramsay can call us whatever he wants.