Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day. When it rains, it pours. And sometimes, all you can do is look for a cloud with a silver lining. Okay, tired of the overused clichés? Yeah…us too. So, let’s get to the good stuff. We’ve got your silver lining right here: rain jokes. Good for a laugh when you’re having a bad day and a perfect asset in your growing arsenal of dad jokes. Also good for entertaining your kids when you guys are stuck indoors because of — you guessed it — rain. Bookmark this list and when you see storm clouds brewing, break it out for a bit of rainy day fun. Keep reading for rain jokes to brighten your day.
There’s something about a joke that’s good for the soul. Whether it elicits a small smile or a full-on belly laugh, humor is the key to getting through tough times. You know the adage, “if you don’t laugh, you’ll cry”? This statement carries truth. No, a punny one-liner isn’t the answer to all of life’s problems, but it sure can turn a frown upside down — if only for a moment.
So check out our list of rain jokes down below. They’re a mood booster for all ages — from one to one hundred (and beyond!).
Best Rain Jokes to Turn Your Gray Skies Blue
- What is a king’s favorite kind of precipitation?
- What do books wear on a wet and rainy day?
- When does it rain money?
When there is “change” in the weather.
- What’s all wet and likes to shake?
An earthquake on a rainy day.
- Why does Snoop Dog need an umbrella?
- What do you call it when it rains ducks and geese?
Foul (fowl) weather.
- What did one raindrop say to the other?
“Two’s company; three’s a cloud.”
- Why did the man use ketchup in the rain?
Because it was raining cats and hot dogs.
- What’s worse than raining buckets?
- Why did Iron Man sleep outside when it rained?
To get some rust.
- How can you wrap a cloud?
With a rainbow.
- What does it do before it rains candy?
- What is the Mexican weather report?
Chili today and hot tamale.
- When is Monday coming?
- What do you call a wet bear?
A drizzly bear.
- What do you get if you come in fourth at the National Weatherman Awards?
A precipitation trophy.
- Where do lightning bolts go on dates?
- What did the evaporating raindrop say?
“I’m going to pieces.”
- What did one raindrop say to the other raindrop?
“My plop is bigger than your plop.”
- How can Santa deliver presents during a thunderstorm?
His sleigh is flown by reindeer.
- What is a queen’s favorite kind of precipitation?
- What always goes up whenever the rain comes down?
- Can bees fly in the rain?
Not without their yellow jackets.
- How do thunderstorms invest their money?
In a combination of liquid assets and frozen assets.
- What do you call dangerous precipitation?
A rain of terror.
- What often falls but never gets hurt?
- How does a hurricane see?
With its eye.
- What did one lightning bolt say to the other lightning bolt?
- What does a cloud wear under his raincoat?
- Why do you need to be careful when it’s raining cats and dogs outside?
Because you might step in a poodle!
- What do you call a dinosaur that got stuck in the rain?
- Why do you see cows lying down in the rain?
To keep each udder dry.
- How does one raindrop ask another out?
“Water you doing tonight?”
- How could the skeleton tell that rain was coming?
He could feel it in his bones.
- Why did the hurricane wear a monocle?
It only had one eye!
- Why shouldn’t you fight with a cloud?
He’ll storm out on you!
What do you call it when you plan to go to the beach, but it’s raining?
- What is the opposite of a cold front?
A warm back!
- What do you call two days of nonstop rain in Seattle, WA?
- What’s a type of bow that can’t be tied?
- What do you call a baby owl stuck in the rain?
A moist owlette.
- Why do mother kangaroos hate it when it rains?
Because the kids have to play inside!
- How do you wash a waterproof rain jacket?
Dry clean it.
- What do you call a camper driving through frozen rain?
- What should you do if it starts raining cats and dogs?
Please seek shelters.
- A little boy asks his dad, “Why is it raining? Is the sky sad?
The dad replies, “Yes, son, the sky is pretty blue.”
- What happened when it started raining coins?
It knocked some sense (cents) into the world.
- Why are people in big cities in Spain always dry?
Because the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.
- What do you call a pile of quarters in a rainstorm?
- What does a ghost wear when it’s raining outside?
- What do you call a month’s worth of rain?