Is there a more glorious time of year than autumn? The weather finally breaks and you can go outside without melting into a pool of your own sweat. The leaves on the trees turn fabulous fiery shades of yellow, red, and orange. Starbucks brings back the PSL and football season kicks into high gear. Plus, you get to pick out new Halloween costumes! What more could a mama ask for?
If you’re a lover of all things autumn, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve rounded up the best quotes, jokes and puns that really nail the spirit of fall. And, if you’re looking for even more autumnal fun, we also have lists of Halloween, ghost and pumpkin jokes. While they would totally fit here (and we’ve snuck some in), this round is particularly for more autumn-esque moments. Ready? Set? Enjoy!
1. Why did the tree worry that he would never get his leaves back after autumn?
He didn’t be-leaf in himself!
2. Why was the robot couple’s anniversary in the fall?
They were autumn mated.
3. What month does every tree dread?
4. What did the leaf say to autumn?
I’m falling for you!
5. What’s the ratio of a pumpkin’s circumference to its diameter?
6. What type of vehicle should you use for a fall hayride?
7. Why did the scarecrow win the Nobel Prize?
Because he was out-standing in his field
8. Why did the lions move at the end of summer?
Because the pride goeth before the fall!
9. Why are trees so care free and easy going?
Because every fall, they let loose
10. Did you hear about the tree who deserted the forest at the end of fall?
He was absent without leaves!
11. What did one autumn leaf say to another?
I’m falling for you.
12. How do you fix a broken pumpkin?
With a pumpkin patch
13. How does an elephant get out of a tree?
Sits on a leaf and waits till autumn!
14. What did autumn say to summer?
Make like a tree and leave!
15. Why did Humpty Dumpty love autumn?
Because Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
16. What do you get when you drop a pumpkin?
17. Why do trees hate going back to school in the fall?
Because they’re easily stumped!
18. What do you call a large colorful pile of leaves?
The Great Barrier Leaf
19. Why do birds fly south in the fall?
Because it’s too far to walk.
20. What do you call a dude who really likes autumn?
A fall guy!
21. What kind of vest should you wear in the fall?
22. What is the cutest season?
23. What do you give to a pumpkin who is trying to quit smoking?
A pumpkin patch!
Pumpkin Spice Puns And Silliness
24. I love pumpkin spice a latte.
25. Pumpkin spice and chill.
26. Let’s pumpkin spice things up.
27. Sorry I’m latte. I had to get my pumpkin spice.
28. Don’t even chai to talk to me until I’ve had my Pumpkin Spice Latte.
29. Unless it’s pumpkin spice, I don’t give a frapp.
30. Oh my gourd, I love pumpkin spice.
31. Basic witches drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
32. Pumpkin spice and everything nice.
Perfectly Nostalgic Quotes About Autumn
33. “Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar.” – Delia Owens
34. “Go, sit upon the lofty hill, And turn your eyes around, Where waving woods and waters wild Do hymn an autumn sound. The summer sun is faint on them— The summer flowers depart— Sit still— as all transform’d to stone, Except your musing heart.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
35. “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.” – J.K. Rowling
36. “It’s the first day of autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings, and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all, leaping into leaves!” – Winnie The Pooh
37. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
38. “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde
39. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – Lucy Maude Montgomery
40. “Autumn… the year’s last, loveliest smile.” – William Cullen Bryant
41. “Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.” – Stanley Horowitz
42. “How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.” – John Burroughs
43. “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
44. “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” – Emily Brontë
45. “And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves…” – Virginia Woolf
46. “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.” ― Sarah Addison Allen
47. “I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” ― Henry David Thoreau
48. “Spring passes and one remembers one’s innocence.
Summer passes and one remembers one’s exuberance.
Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence.
Winter passes and one remembers one’s perseverance.” ― Yoko Ono
49. “Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like
they’re falling in love with the ground.” ― Andrea Gibson
50. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” ― John Donne
51. “Autumn is as joyful and sweet as an untimely end. – Rémy de Gourmon
52. “Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” – Lauren DeStefano
53. “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” – Chad Sugg
54. “I was drinking in the surroundings: air so crisp you could snap it with your fingers and greens in every lush shade imaginable offset by autumnal flashes of red and yellow.” – Wendy Delsol
55. “There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves.” – Joe L. Wheeler