No Horsing Around! Just 50+ Zebra Jokes And Puns To Earn Our Stripes
As any parent with a little zoologist in the house knows, it’s always a good idea to arm yourself with animal jokes and puns, just in case you need to whip one out on a lark. If your little one is a wannabe marine biologist one day, a paleontologist another, and a safari guide the next, you’ve probably already exhausted your library of jests. This is where we come in. Alligators to owls, dinosaurs to bears — the animal jokes just keep on coming. That’s right, we’ve got jokes galore, and this page is all about zebras.
If you’ve got a stripes-lovin’ kid, check out our mega list of zebra jokes and puns, below. If some of them seem familiar, that’s because they’re fun enough to appeal to kids and lame enough to make our epic collection of dad jokes. So whether you’re looking to brighten up a dreary day, keep a bored kid entertained on a long road trip, or lighten up the mood at the office, our jokes are just what you need.
Before we get to the funny stuff, here are a few fun facts about zebras you probably didn’t know.
- A group of zebras is called a “dazzle.” Who knew? What a dazzling name!
- Zebras are black with white stripes. Did you think it was the other way around? We sure did.
- There are three different breeds of zebra — Grévy’s zebra, plain zebra, and mountain zebra.
- Like a human fingerprint, each zebra’s stripe pattern is totally unique and different.
- Zebras are herbivores. Hmmm… guess a plant-based diet isn’t only for the health-conscious among us.
Moving on — let’s get to the jokes!
Zebra Jokes and Puns
- Why do zebras have stripes?
Because they don’t want to be spotted.
- What side does a zebra have the most stripes on?
- What happened when the leopard tried to sneak out of his enclosure by pretending to be a zebra?
He was spotted.
- What do a zebra and a panda have in common?
The answer is pretty black and white.
- Why is it so difficult to sell a toy zebra?
You can never find the barcode.
- What’s black and white and eats like a horse?
- What animal do French women wear to give them support?
- Who would win in a fight between a kangaroo and a zebra?
The zebra. Because he has so many black belts.
- How do you find zebra?
Look under zeshirt.
- What do zebras have that no other animal has?
- What do the penguins get for their lunch at the zoo?
Half an hour, same as the zebras.
- Which animal is the oldest?
Zebras, because they are still in black and white.
- What did the zebra say before leaving?
I’ll be white black.
- Why didn’t the donkey cross the road?
Because he saw what happened to the zebra.
- My zebra is a terrible ballet dancer. I think he’s got two left feet.
- All these years of technological developments and I still haven’t seen a color photo of a panda or a zebra.
- A zebra is the safest place to cross the road.
Unless you are actually a zebra.
- I told a friend that I thought his pet zebra was a fake.
He said, “Well spotted”.
- Got a pet zebra and didn’t realize how hungry they are.
He eats like a horse.
- The zookeeper told me I wasn’t allowed to buy the animals, so I asked why the zebra had a barcode.
- Zebras usually hold strong opinions.
They are very black and white creatures.
- Zebras aren’t fans of coloring books.
They don’t like having to stay between the lions.
- I suppose when you’ve seen one lion catch a zebra, you’ve seen a maul.
- A zebra said to a lion, “Let’s swap roles for a while.”
The lion said, “I’m game!”
- People can say that zebras are carnivores, but they’d be lion.
- A teacher asks the class to name six mammals that you might find in Africa.
One of the students says, “five zebras and a lion.”
- Two male zebras in the zoo started making music.
They’re called the Zbruhs.
- What do you call a singing group with a zebra, a hippo, a goat, a meerkat, and a giraffe?
Zoo Kids On The Block!
- What is black, white, and calm all over?
- How do you enter a surfer zebra’s house?
With a key, brah!
- What is a zebra zombie’s favorite snack?
- What did the zebra tell the vet at his sick visit?
“I’m feeling a little horse.”
- What do you call a young, unruly zebra?
- What is black and white and bouncy all over?
A zebra on a trampoline.
- A zebra does not change its spots.
- I wonder how fast a zebra has to run before it looks gray.
- What’s black and white and red all over?
A sunburned zebra!
- What do you get if you cross a zebra with an ape-man?
Tarzan with stripes.
- What is black and white with red dots?
A zebra with chickenpox.
- What is the difference between a zebra and a horse?
A zebra has its pajamas on.
- What do you call a horse wearing Venetian blinds?
- What’s black and white and blue?
A sad zebra.
- What does a zebra look like?
A horse behind bars.
- What do you call a zebra who joined a fraternity?
- Please help me find my lost horse, Black Beauty.
The horse was last seen near the white fence I was repainting. Side note, is anyone missing a zebra?
- Two donkeys are standing at an intersection.
One asks the other, “Should we cross?” The other donkey shakes his head, looking at the crosswalk. “No way, look at what happened to that zebra.”
- When is the best time to eat a zebra?
When it’s stripened.
- Why wouldn’t you ask the zebra for music advice?
Because he only knows about The White Stripes.
- What do you call a zebra lost at sea?
- I finally finished reading the dictionary the other day.
Spoiler alert… the zebra did it.
- What do you get if you cross a pelican and a zebra? Two streets further away.
- Why do all zebras wear glasses? Cause they can’t ze-brah.
This article was originally published on