Looking to have a little Christmas break fun while testing your kiddos’ brains? We rounded up some of the silliest Christmas riddles. Some read more like fun jokes and are just plain funny. Others are a little harder and will test their thinking skills a little more. All of these are guaranteed to make your family laugh, though.
Need some practical ways to use these? Give your kiddo a riddle before you drop them off at school and see if they have the answer by the time the bus drops them off. Or leave riddles in their lunch or next to their breakfast plate. If you have an Advent calendar that you use each year, you could even write down the riddles on slips of paper and add them in with each day’s treats. Not feeling all of these Christmas riddles? We also have Thanksgiving-themed riddles, some super simple kid-friendly riddles and even a ton of extra tough riddles. Perhaps these Christmas jokes will make your day! Enjoy!
You Don’t Need Rudolph’s Nose To Find These Christmas Riddles
1. I come with many colors, so beautiful and bright, I turn so many houses into a beautiful sight. What am I?
2. Which one of Santa’s reindeer is the fastest?
3. When does Christmas come before Thanksgiving?
In the dictionary
4. Who is the most impolite and disrespectful of all the reindeer?
5. Why didn’t the turkey want to eat on Christmas?
It was already stuffed
6. If otters keep their money in riverbanks, where does the Frosty the Snowman keep his money?
In a snowbank
7. Why are Christmas trees bad at knitting?
They always drop their needles
8. Where do Santa and Mrs. Claus enjoy going for a swim?
The North Pool
9. What did Adam say the day before Christmas?
It’s Christmas, Eve!
10. I get chopped, decorated and on one end you’ll see wings on top. What am I?
A Christmas tree
11. What do you call a person who is afraid of Santa Claus?
12. If the end of the year is on December 31st, then what is the end of Christmas?
The letter ‘S’
13. What did Mrs. Claus say to Santa when she looked up in the sky?
Looks like rain, dear
14. Santa was having problems with his legs and was unable to walk so he went to the hospital to ask the doctor if he could recommend something for him. What did the doctor give to Santa to help him to walk?
A candy cane
15. What do you call a snowman in the summer?
16. If a lion had a Christmas music album, what would it be called?
17. On Christmas Eve, when Santa leaves his workshop on the north pole, what direction does he travel?
South. If you’re on the North Pole the only direction you can go is south.
18. On Christmas how do kids know that Santa is in the room?
They can sense his presents.
19. Why do mummies like Christmas so much?
Because of all the wrapping
20. What does Santa do in his garden?
Ho ho ho
21. Which one of Santa’s reindeer can you see in outer space?
22. What is red and white, red and white, and red and white again?
Santa Claus falling down a hill
23. What does a snowman like to eat for breakfast?
24. What do you get when an apple and a Christmas tree have a baby?
Hold On To Your Sleigh Seat! More Christmas Riddles Ahead
25. What do elves learn in school?
26. What did the Christmas tree say to the Christmas stocking?
Aren’t you tired of just hanging around?
27. What does a snowman eat for a snack?
A snow cone
28. When you go out in a blizzard and you see a vampire, what do you get?
29. Why is Santa so good at Karate?
He has a black belt
30. What did the snow woman do when she was upset with the snowman?
She gave him a cold shoulder
31. In what year did Christmas Day and New Year’s Day fall in the same year?
It happens every year.
32. Which one of Santa’s reindeer can be seen on Valentines day?