Otters are the absolute cutest! These playful aquatic animals have earned a soft spot in our hearts for their cuddly and cute demeanor, and humans delight at the sight of two otters floating merrily along holding hands. But there’s so much more to these intelligent animals. For example, did you know otters have some of the thickest fur of any mammal? And what about the fact that otters and humans can work together. That’s right, per Mental Floss, fisherman have been training otters to chase and herd large schools of fish.
All this is even more interesting if you have a little future zoologist and animal lover who is obsessed with otters and animal jokes in general. Luckily for you, we’ve gone ahead and rounded up the best otter puns, jokes, and riddles for kids that are just as otter-able for parents.
1. Where do otters come from? Otter Space.
2. Why did the otter cross the river? To get to the otter side
3. What animal would you most like to be on a cold day? A little otter
4. Did you hear that some aquatic mammals escaped from the zoo? It was otter chaos!
5. What did the otter say to her boyfriend? “I feel like we’re drifting apart, maybe it’s time to see otter people.”
6. What did the otter mom say to her pups? “I’ve had it up to here with your otter nonsense.”
7. What do you call an otter that just got glasses? A see otter
8. What did the principal say to the two otters in his office? “You otter be ashamed of yourselves.”
9. What does a shaved otter look like? Odder.
10. What do you call a sea otter with an earbud in each ear? Anything you want, she can’t hear you.
11. I get beavers and similar animals mixed up. I otter know better.
12. What do you call an otter with a cold? A Snotter
13. Where do otters keep their money? In a riverbank.
14. What do you call a sea otter that can pick up an elephant? Sir.
15. What type of roads do German otters drive on? Otter-bahns.
16. Where do otters like to relax? In the otter tub.
17. What did the weasel say to the badger? We should always be kind to otters.
18. Why did walrus marry the whale? Because she wasn’t like all the otters.
19. What did the otter say to the judge? Put it on the log that my otterney told me to plead innocent.
20. What do you call it when aquatic mammals steal cars? Grand theft otter.
21. What do you drive in a river? An otter-mobile.
22. What kind of car does an otter drive? A Furrari.
23. What do you call a kids book about otters? Harry Otter.
24. Why do Otters swim on their backs? To keep their nuts dry.
25. What did the seal say to the walrus after dating him for three months? I think we should sea otter people.