Do you have a little astronaut or future Neil DeGrasse Tyson on your hands? Are your kid’s birthday parties always space-themed? Do you scour the internet for the best stargazing telescopes and toys for kids? Mama, you may just have a space cadet on your hands! With STEM toys, activities, and education a major focal point in childhood development over the last few years, parents are constantly on the lookout for unique and fun ways to foster their children’s imagination and love of all things math and science.
So if your kiddo is already obsessed with learning about the planets, outer space, and the space shuttle, what could be better than a good space pun or joke to make their day? With that in mind, we’ve done the work for you and found the best funnies this side of the asteroid belt. In addition to astronaut jokes and solar system puns, you could also regale your children about the good ol’ times when Pluto was still considered a planet.
Space puns and jokes for kids
1. Why did Mickey Mouse go to outer space? To find Pluto.
2. I am throwing a party in space, can you help me planet?
3. Why didn’t the sun go to college? Because it already had a million degrees!
4. Where do keyboards go to have dinner? The space bar.
5. Why did the astronaut break up with her boyfriend? Because she needed some space.
6. Why can’t you tell anyone about space? Because it’s too out of this world!
7. Why couldn’t the astronaut put the helmet on her head? Because she didn’t have enough space.
8. What is an astronaut’s favorite chocolate? A mars bar.
9. Where would an astronaut park his space ship? A parking meteor.
10. What was the first animal in space? The cow that jumped over the moon.
11. What does an astronaut call his ex from space? SpaceX.
12. Why did the people not like the restaurant on the moon? Because there was no atmosphere.
13. What do you call a comet wrapped in bacon? A meateor.
14. What did the alien say to the garden? Take me to your weeder!
15. Why aren’t astronauts hungry when they get to space? They had a big launch.
16. Why did the cow go to outer space? To visit the milky way.
17. Why don’t aliens eat clowns? Because they taste funny!
18. How do you know when the moon has enough to eat? When it’s full.
19. What do planets like to read? Comet books.
20. What do you call a tick on the moon? A luna-tick.
21. What kind of music do planets sing? Neptunes!
22. Why did the cow go in the spaceship? It wanted to see the mooooooon.
23. Why did the rocket scientist stop working on a project? He had no comet-ment.
24. Saturn’s name is the best in our solar system — it has a nice ring to it.
25. Why haven’t aliens come to our solar system yet? They read the reviews: One star.
26. How does our solar system hold its pants up? With an asteroid belt.
27. When our solar system was formed, the Sun was in charge… So the planets started a revolution.
28. I’m reading a book about anti-gravity… it’s impossible to put down.
29. Why didn’t the Dog Star laugh at the joke? It was too Sirius.
30. What should you do if you see a green alien? Wait until it’s ripe!
31. What do aliens on the metric system say? Take me to your liter.
32. What did the alien say when he was out of room? I’m all spaced out!
33. What did Mars say to Saturn? Give me a ring sometime.
34. Knock, knock.
Solar you going to think of a better joke?
35. Sherlock Holmes and John Watson are camping on a case they are investigating. After putting up the tent, having a good dinner, and drinking a bottle of wine, they go to sleep.
In the middle of the night, Holmes wakes up and nudges his faithful friend.
“Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see,” Holmes says, shivering.
“I see millions and millions of stars, Holmes,” replies Watson.
“And what do you deduce from that?”
Watson ponders for a minute.
“Well, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Somewhere in the universe with so many billions of stars similar to the sun, there is a high probability that some of these stars have Earth-like planets. And assuming the Earth is typical, some may have developed intelligent life. It means that humanity, may not be alone in this vast cosmos. What did you deduce Holmes?”
Holmes is silent for a moment before he replies.
“Quite,” he says. “Though my more immediate concern is the fact that, clearly, someone has stolen our tent.”
36. Yesterday I was charged $10,000 dollars for sending my cat into space.
It was a cat Astro fee.
37. Despite space being a Vacuum
Mars is really Dusty
38. Why did the Americans win the space race?
Because the soviets were Stalin.
39. How do space cowboys wrangle their cattle?
A tractor beam
40. Yesterday I was talking to an alien from space…
Turns out they eat radio-active materials. I ask it what its favorite meal was.
It told me, fission chips.
41. What do you call a lazy man in space?
42. How did the Space Teddy Bear cross the road?
43. Why will space be a popular tourist spot?
The view is breathtaking and will leave you speechless