Everyone has a favorite pie… even people who say such blasphemous things like “I’m not really a pie person.” Those people still eat key lime pie when they vacation in Florida. Or they opt for that one ice cream-topped piece of pumpkin pie around Thanksgiving, right? And, really, who doesn’t feel happy watching their favorite Disney characters enjoy pie, like Snow White baking one or Belle watching one dance around to “Be Our Guest” in Beast’s grand dining hall? You don’t have to be a “pie person” to enjoy the occasional slice of pie. You also don’t have to be a pie person to enjoy good pie puns and jokes.
Just consider the seemingly never-ending list of pie flavors and all of the words that rhyme with pie, piece, and slice. The pie puns and jokes are basically endless. One might even say, “The pies the limit!” (#SorryNotSorry.) We picked these perfectly scrumptious and fun zingers for anyone who has ever enjoyed a sweet slice. They’re even better than our banana jokes! So, if you’re here, it clearly means you have impeccable taste — if not in pie, then at least in humor.
Best Pie Jokes
- Why did the sweet potato pie cross the road?
It saw a fork up ahead.
- What is a ghost’s favorite dessert?
Boo-berry pie with I-scream.
- How do you make a gold pie?
You put 14 carrots on it.
- How did the baker describe the pumpkin pie?
- A slice of pie is $2.50 in the Bahamas. A slice of pie is $3 in Jamaica.
Those are the pie rates of the Caribbean.
- What’s the best thing to put into a pie?
- A pie walks into a bar…
The barman says, “Sorry, we don’t serve dessert.”
- Why did the pie cross the road?
She was meat and potato.
- What can a whole apple pie do that half an apple pie can’t?
It can look around.
- Why did the pie go to the dentist?
Because it needed a filling.
- What do you call a fantasy adventure movie about baked goods and a Bengal tiger?
Life of Pie.
- Who was the pie’s favorite pop star?
Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- What did the baker sing on the way to the bakery?
“Pie ho! Pie ho! It’s off to work, I go!”
- What’s the difference between a worm and an apple?
Have you ever tried worm pie?
- What do you get when you cross an apple pie with a crustacean?
A crab apple pie.
- Why did the apple pie join the circus?
It loved all the apple-ause.
- What did the cherry say to the cherry pie?
“You’ve got some crust.”
- What kind of dessert is an Egyptian pie?
The kind mummy used to make.
- Where does Dorothy from Oz weigh a pie?
Somewhere over the rainbow, weigh-a-pie!
- What do you get if you cross a jogger with an apple pie?
- What did the pumpkin say after Thanksgiving?
- Which pie has the most jam in it?
Cherry Garcia pie.
- What do you get when you cross an apple pie with a Christmas tree?
- How can you tell if someone spiked your chocolate pie with alcohol?
The proof is in the pudding.
- What do sharks eat for dessert?
- What kind of pie is Curious George’s favorite?
Banana cream pie.
- What did the man say when he took a bite of sweet potato pie?
“This is so yammy!”
- Why were the pirates happy when they washed up on shore and saw cakes, pies, and ice cream?
It was a desserted island.
- What do you call a pie protesting on Wall Street?
- What do you get if you cross a train engine with a blueberry pie?
- What kind of pie did George Washington like most?
- How do you make pumpkin pie?
Take the circumference of the pumpkin and divide it by the diameter of the pumpkin.
- Did you hear about the sailor who turned into a pumpkin pie?
He’s a squashbuckling pirate.
- Have you ever had a synonym pie?
No, but I think I’ve had something like it.
- Why did the apple pie cry?
Its peelings were hurt.
- What did the key lime pie say to the pecan pie?
- I think my favorite Thanksgiving food is pie.
But some people may say that’s irrational.
- What is an Australian ghost’s favorite pie?
- Why do pirates like to eat pie? Because pie rating is in their job description.
- What did the pie say to the fork? You want a piece of me?
Pie Puns For Any Occasion
- Slice, slice, baby.
- Pie, Felicia.
- For goodness bakes.
- Give ’em pumpkin to talk about.
- Life of pie.
- All you knead is love.
- You’re my sweetie pie.
- You bake me happy.
- Feast your pies on this.
- Life is what you bake of it.
- I have fillings for you.
- You occu-pie my thoughts.
- Pie love you berry much.
- I’m pie-ning for you.
- Bake the world a better place.
- Love at first bite.
- Pie love spending time with you.
- You are the apple of my pie.
- I only have pies for you.
- Hey, pumpkin.
- You’re a cutie pie.
This article was originally published on