Who doesn’t love a good “Why did the chicken cross the road?” joke? Sharing chicken puns and jokes is a fun way to pass the time with your kids. It helps them practice creativity and play, as well as connects them to their funny bone. Who knows, your little nugget could be a budding comedi-hen! Give ’em a rubber chicken to pull out of their hat, teach them these plucky zingers, and watch as they make everyone in the room cluck with laughter. It’ll be like poultry, er, poetry in motion.
Plus, you can also use these as a teachable moment to help your kid differentiate between a joke and pun — further sharpening their comedic skills. So, if you’re looking for a fun activity to do with your little one, scroll through our picks. We’ve got everything from wing puns to chicken pick-up-lines. Whether you’re a chicken-lover or not, you won’t help but “chick-le” at the following egg-cellent chicken jokes. (And, yes, they’re definitely vegetarian-friendly too!)
Best Chicken Jokes
- What do you call a bird who’s too afraid to fly?
- How does a chicken send mail to her friends?
In a hen-velope.
- What do chickens grow on?
- What do chickens study at college?
- Did you hear about the chicken who could lay eggs in the winter?
She was no spring chicken.
- Where’s the best place to find information on eggs?
In the hen-cyclopedia.
- Why did Mozart hate chickens?
All they say is, “Bach-Bach-Bach!”
- What do you call a chicken crossed with a cow?
A roost beef.
- What do you call a bird with no wings?
- How do baby chickens dance?
- How do chickens leave a building?
They use the eggs-it!
- Where do tough chickens come from?
- What do you get when you cross a chicken and a four-leaf clover?
The cluck o’ the Irish!
- How do you know if it’s too hot in the chicken barn?
The chickens are laying hard-boiled eggs.
- What’s a hen’s favorite type of movie?
A chick flick.
- What do you get when you cross a chicken with a bell?
An alarm cluck.
- Why did the Easter egg hide?
It was a little chicken.
- Which chicken is at the top of the pecking order?
Attila the Hen.
- Why is it easy for chicks to talk?
Because talk is cheep.
- The chicken farmer died under mysterious circumstances.
The police suspect fowl play.
- Why did the chicken cross the playground?
He wanted to get to the other slide.
- What does a chicken need to lay an egg every day?
- What happened to the baby chicken that misbehaved at school?
It was egg-spelled.
- What do you call a chicken that crosses the road, rolls in the dirt, crosses the road again, and then rolls in the dirt again?
A dirty double-crossing chicken.
- Why did the farmer cross the road?
To get the chicken back!
- What do chickens call school tests?
- What’s a chicken’s favorite book?
How to Wing Friends and Influence People.
- Which dance will a chicken not do?
- What have you got to lose?
Throw your hat into the wing!
- Why did the chicken go to the seance?
To get to the other side.
- Why did the droid cross the road?
Because a chicken programmed it.
- What happens when a hen eats gunpowder?
She lays hand gren-eggs.
- What do you get when you cross a ghost with a chicken?
- What do you call a mischievous egg?
A practical yolker!
- What day do chickens hate most?
- What do you get if a chicken lays an egg on top of a barn?
- Why does the chicken go to Burger King?
To see a chicken strip!
- How do chickens bake a cake?
They start from scratch.
- Why don’t chickens like people?
Because they beat eggs.
- What is the most musical part of a chicken?
- Why did McDonald’s run out of chicken McNuggets?
The farmer counted his chickens before they hatched!
- What do you call a group of chickens clucking in unison?
- What do you call someone who steals a chicken?
A chicken pot pirate.
- Why did the duck cross the road?
To prove he wasn’t chicken!
- What eggs does an evil hen lay?
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
The chicken next to him farted.
- A man in a movie theater notices what looks like a chicken sitting next to him.
“Are you a chicken?” asked the man, surprised. “Yes.” “What are you doing at the movies?” The chicken replied, “Well, I liked the book.”
- Why does a chicken coop have two doors?
Because if had four doors it would be a chicken sedan!
- What do you call the outside of a hand gren-egg?
- What did the sick chicken say?
“I have the people pox!”
- What time do chickens wake up in the morning?
At the cluck of dawn.
- Why did the lonely chicken cross the road?
To meet up with his other chicken friends.
Best Chicken Puns
- Chick a sickie.
- Get chicked out.
- Chick overboard.
- Look out for my bag of chicks!
- Every chick in the book.
- Just wing it!
- Hey! How’s chicks?
- Never misses a chick.
- You’re just a one chick pony!
- You are the wind beneath my chicken wings!
- A chick of the light.
- Chick or treat.
- If you like it, then you should put a wing on it!
- Chicks of the trade.
- I see you are up to your old chicks.
- We are as chick as thieves.
- You know blood is chicker than water!
- We are really in the chick of things!
- The plot chickens.
- Hey, beautiful. I am chicken you out!
- It’s going chick and fast.
- Poultry in motion.
- We are in this together, through chick and thin.
- Wow. You know how to lay it on chick.
- If you were a chicken, you sure would be im-peck-able.
- You’re a real comedi-hen.
- No harm, no foul.
- To turn on the TV, just cluck on that button!
- I really can’t wing for losing!
- Her explanation clucked with me straight away.
This article was originally published on