Guys… bowlers are dirty. When we started our quest for bowling puns and jokes, we landed straight in the gutter. (Get it? Gutter?) Still, not everything was meant for the back of the alley’s snack bar. It turns out there’s plenty of fun, kid-friendly bowling laughs, too. And since we had some time to, ahem, spare (seriously, we can’t help ourselves), we collected them for you.
If these bowling jokes don’t do the trick? Don’t worry; we got you! Did you know that there are literally jokes about every sport? From basketball to football and soccer, the jokes don’t stop. Why should they? Everyone needs a good laugh from time to time. Once you’ve had your fill of sports humor, you can hop on over to animals. We guarantee you’ll find something to giggle about, whether you’re on the farm or at your local zoo’s giraffe exhibit.
Whatever you’re looking to laugh about, we’re here to help. If you’re a “pinhead,” though, this is the exact right place to start for bowling funnies. And when you’re finished with these and looking for more side-splitting (see what we did there?) fun, check out the best riddles for kids!
- How much should one bowling game cost?
- After hours of waiting for the bowling alley to open,
We finally got the ball rolling.
- What excuse did the bowler give when he was accused of stealing?
“I was framed!”
- Why should a bowling alley be quiet?
So you can hear a pin drop!
- What did one romantic pin say to the other?
“Let’s never split.”
- Where do bowlers go when they need a new team shirt?
- I was going to tell you a really bad bowling pun,
But I thought I’d spare you.
- Last year, I had a job at the bowling alley.
It wasn’t for long though; I was only tenpin.
- When should bowlers wear armor?
When they play knight games.
- What do you call a bowling team that gets a lot of strikes?
- I went bowling with a military general the other day.
He started bowling before I even entered his name on the scoreboard. So, he launched a preemptive strike.
- Which bowler wears the biggest shoes?
The one with the biggest feet.
- Why are football players not allowed in bowling alleys?
After getting a strike, they spike the ball.
- What did the bowling pins do after hearing a joke?
They fell down laughing.
- Why do bowlers join unions?
They like strikes.
- When I go bowling, the ball always ends up in the gutter.
That’s just how I roll.
- Which bowler floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee?
- Where does Superman like to go bowling?
- Why was Cinderella such a bad bowler?
Her coach was a pumpkin.
- What kind of cat likes to go bowling?
- What was the name of the sequel to the movie about bowling pins?
Bowling Ball Returns.
- What did the bowling pins do?
They went on strike.
- Why is a good bowler a bad baseball player?
Because he gets so many strikes.
- What people are best at bowling?
Those who have talent to spare.
- I’ve left my bowling ball at home.
Have you got any to spare?
- When is a bowling alley the coolest place to be?
When it’s full of fans.
- Why do bowlers make bad employees?
Because they’re always going on strike.
- What do a bowler and a Thanksgiving guest have in common?
They both want a turkey.
- When is a bowler like a baseball player?
When he sits on the bench.
- Why do bad bowlers pay so much to play?
It’s a bump per lane.
- Old bowlers don’t die.
They just end up in the gutter.
- What would you get if you crossed a bowler and an invisible man?
Bowling like no one has ever seen.
- Why are football players always being recruited to bowling leagues?
Because they are Super Bowlers.
- Why is bowling a better sport than golf?
It’s hard to lose a bowling ball.
- Johnny’s teacher tells her class, “Class, I’m going to ask you a question at 2:55 p.m. every Friday, and whoever answers it correctly will be excused from school on Monday.”
The students got really excited about this and were anxiously awaiting Friday afternoon to arrive. At precisely 2:55 pm, the teacher addressed the class. She said, “Students, this week’s question is, ‘What is the Pythagorean theorem?'” After a long pause she said, “Well, I guess I’ll see you all on Monday.” The teacher was teasing the children. She always planned to ask a question that no fifth grader could ever answer. Johnny was getting wise to the teacher’s scam. The following Friday, Johnny brought both his parents’ bowling balls to school. At 2:54 p.m., he rolled them down the aisle, and they crashed into the teacher’s desk. The teacher jumped up, came around the front of the desk, and yelled, “All right, who’s the comedian with the big balls?” Johnny says, “Eddie Murphy! See you Tuesday!”
- Last night I did stand-up in a bowling alley parking lot.
Some of my jokes struck out. The audience was split.
- Can you teach me how the scoring works in bowling?
“Of course! That’s right up my alley.”
- If you can’t hear a pin drop, then something is definitely wrong with your bowling.
- My coach said, “Three strikes and you’re out!”
My bowling team doesn’t like show-offs.
This article was originally published on