Interested in seeing your work appear on Scary Mommy? Wonderful!
Please agree to licensing terms below, and e-mail your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some other important notes:
• Please do not submit work that is owned by another publication. By submitting your work, you agree that you own rights to your work and are free to publish elsewhere.
• Include a 2-3 sentence bio with your submission (social channels and blog hyperlinked, please!)
• Paste your post directly in the body of your e-mail. If a post has previously run, please also include the link to where it appears online.
• Please do not double space after periods or between paragraphs.
• If you are submitting a photo, it should be high resolution and landscape size (horizontal). Please send the original photograph rather than Instagram image.
• We are always in search of highly relatable and general humor material. Lists and short essays (under 900 words) seem to work best, while personal anecdotes or specific personal stories do not.
• As of July 22, 2016, we are no longer paying for submissions, original or repubs. We know; it sucks, we’re sorry!
Due to the high number of submissions we receive, you will hear from us within one week if we are able to run your post. If you do not hear from us within that time frame, please feel free to submit elsewhere.